Suncoast Schools FCU is a not-for-profit financial cooperative OWNED by its members. A volunteer Board of Directors is elected from the membership to oversee Credit Union operations and set policy. A volunteer Supervisory Committee is appointed to ensure the safety and fiscal responsibility of the Credit Union. This unique philosophy is what sets your credit union apart from banks and other for-profit financial institutions.
If you would like to volunteer your services as a member of the Credit Union's Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee, we encourage you to submit an application for consideration. The Credit Union's Nominating Committee will meet to consider nominees in September. Qualifications for positions include:
- Must be a primary member in good standing.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be bondable by the Credit Union's fidelity bond company.
- Must authorize a criminal background check and credit check.
- Must be able to attend regular monthly meetings, Committee meetings and other special meetings as needed, off-site planning sessions, and educational conferences and seminars.
- Must complete a volunteer application.
Additional information and requirements are included on the application form. While we welcome you to submit a resume or other information you feel will be helpful to the Nominating Committee in evaluating your candidacy, the application form itself must be fully completed. The importance of these positions mandates that we have the same basic information from all applicants.
Are you ready to make a difference? Consider volunteering at YOUR Credit Union.