If the Unthinkable Happens to Your Car or Truck.
If all goes well, the car or truck you're about to buy will be around for years. Unfortunately, things don't always go well. Your vehicle can be stolen or totaled in accident. Consider these facts:
- Auto theft is an estimated $7.6 billion industry, with one theft occurring every 21 seconds.*
- 200,000 stolen cars are not recovered yearly in the United States, for a 33% non-recovery rate. That number continues to rise.**
- An estimated 6, 498, 000 police-reported vehicle crashes occurred in 1998.***
Auto Insurance Might Not Be Enough.
If your vehicle is stolen, accidentally damaged beyond repair, or otherwise declared an insured total loss, your auto insurance will cover the replacement value. Nevertheless, you remain liable for payment of the difference between the insurance settlement and your loan balance.
This deficiency can easily amount to thousands of dollars - money that comes out of your pocket, for a vehicle that no longer exists.
MEMBERS CHOICE GAP Protection. An Affordable Way to Fill the Gap.
For just a few dollars a month, you can protect yourself against this kind of unexpected expense. The benefits may include:
- Protection for the term of your loan up to 72 months.
- Coverage for vehicles valued up to $100,000 at time of purchase.
- Payment of benefits up to $50,000.
- Coverage deductibles up to $1000.
- Benefits for new or used vehicles, including cars, light trucks, motorcycles and some other motorized vehicles.
Fully Refundable in the First 90 Days.
Your MEMBERS CHOICE GAP Protection payment is fully refundable if you cancel the coverage within the first 90 days.
It's Easy to Get.
You can elect MEMBERS CHOICE GAP Protection at the same time you apply for your vehicle loan. There's no underwriting - no hassles. It's that easy. And your MEMBERS CHOICE GAP Premium can be rolled into your monthly loan payment.
This is only a brief description of the coverage. Refer to the MEMBERS CHOICE GAP contract for complete details, including any limitations of benefits. Your Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union loan representative can give you more information about it. Please note:
In the event of a claim:
If Credit Life and/or Credit Disability Insurance or any other such cancelable items were sold along with the vehicle, then these must be canceled as of the date of loss and a copy of the refund calculation and/or refund check must be provided.
If a service contract, mechanical breakdown insurance and/or extended warranty coverage or any other such cancelable items were sold along with the vehicle, then these must be canceled as of the date of loss and a copy of the refund calculation and/or refund check must be provided.
Ask about MEMBERS CHOICE GAP Protection when you're asking about a vehicle loan!
* National Insurance Crime Bureau, 1999
** North American Export Committee, 1999
*** National Automotive Sampling System, 1998